<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 07, 2004

IT advice, please 

I need some advice from any IT literate readers out there.

About two days (strangely, it almost seems to have coincided with us switching to cable internet), our home computer has somehow acquired a rather annoying agent - whenever I access my Hotmail account and my wife her Yahoo account, after we successfully log-in, and click to access our inboxes, we are automatically diverted to some anonymous search engine page. It doesn't even display its address, only "about:blank". The same search engine page also constantly reasserts itself as our default start page whenever we access internet.

Will any up to date anti-virus software get rid off it? Or is there anything else we can do, or anywhere else we can look into?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Update: Thanks to everyone who commented or emailed advice - I'm slowly solving the problems.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?