<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Along came Molly... and corrected herself 

Remember this whopper from Molly Ivins?
I think we have... killed more Iraqis than Saddam Hussein ever did.
Well, what would you know? Arithmetic wins in the end:
CROW EATEN HERE: This is a horror. In a column written June 28, I asserted that more Iraqis (civilians) had now been killed in this war than had been killed by Saddam Hussein over his 24-year rule. WRONG. Really, really wrong...There have been estimates as high as 1 million civilians killed by Saddam, though most agree on the 300,000 to 400,000 range, making my comparison to 20,000 civilian dead in this war pathetically wrong.

I was certainly under no illusions regarding Saddam Hussein, whom I have opposed through human rights work for decades. My sincere apologies. It is unforgivable of me not have checked. I am so sorry.
Welcome back to the reality-based community, Molly (hat tip: Michelle Malkin).

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?