<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Inside an Islamofascist mind 

The killer of the Dutch film-maker Theo Van Gogh is currently on trial. Pieter Dorsman from Peaktalk keeps tabs on the events, including his perspective "The killer, alive and chilling" - or just keep scrolling.

Mohammed Bouyeri is unrepentant. "If I were released and would have the chance to do it again... I would do exactly the same thing," he told the court.

Van Gogh did not invade Iraq or Afghanistan, he only made a documentary about the mistreatment suffered by many women in Muslim communities. For that he was stabbed, shot and almost beheaded by Bouyeri, with whom he was trying to argue only moments before.

"What moved me to do what I did was purely my faith... I was motivated by the law that commands me to cut off the head of anyone who insults Allah and his prophet," Bouyeri said. To Von Gogh's mother, who sat in the public gallery, the killer had this to say: "I have to admit I don't have any sympathy for you... I can't feel for you because I think you're a nonbeliever."

Sick and twisted? Yes. Does it reflect Islam as practiced by hundreds of millions around the world? No. But it sheds useful light on the mentality and mindset of the people we're fighting against. Some of them murder film-makers, others detonate themselves on subway trains. You can argue, reason, negotiate, deal and compromise with politicians - with people like Bouyeri, that's unfortunately not an option.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?