<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 12, 2005

Help, one of our cities is missing 

The latest study by California's Bay Area Center for Voting Research, ranking 237 U.S. cities with populations of more than 100,000 on a scale from the most liberal to the most conservative (or Detroit to Provo, Utah), reminded me of something.

Sometimes when you're driving, the most bizarre thoughts spring to your mind. A few days ago, while driving to work, this occurred to me: I cannot recall a single instance over the last few years where I've read or heard anything about the city of Baltimore, either in a political or a non-political context. I'm pretty sure that just about every other sizable American city has popped up on my radar for one reason or another in the recent past - so what has happened to Baltimore?

Any readers from around there? Or can anyone enlighten me as to why a reasonably well informed person - albeit a foreigner - can miss a whole city in the news for a few years?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?